Ozobot Creative Coding
AugustAug 05 2019 - AugustAug 09 2019
This summer get to meet Ozobot, the social coding robot. This curriculum provides a great introduction to coding using a graphic Blockly language. Campers learn key principles such as coding, critical thinking, problem solving, and algorithms. Students can pick-up a marker and go. They play games, make puzzles and use the Apps to engage with these fun robots with sensors that detect colored lines and patterns. Ozobots are so small and yet powerful learning tools for teaching fractions, number lines, coordinate systems, and many other math concepts. Students also use them to tell stories and imagine all types of scenarios where the Ozobots travel and discover the world. This camp is suitable for ages 5-7.
Students learn the following STEAM lessons
- Science: Apply the scientific method, explore the light color spectrum, patterns, and communication methods.
- Technology-Coding: Analyze problems and design algorithms to program robot actions, use logic, and develop reasoning using Blockly, a visual drag-and-drop coding tool.
- Engineering: Line following, sensors, calibrate the robot, navigate mazes, and explore engineering principles.
- Arts: Colors, patterns, drawing, music, and also writing, timelines, story telling, and creating presentations.
- Math: Reason abstractly and explore the number line, fractions, probability, statistics, solving real world problems, geometry, angles, curves, diameter, distance, time, measuring and variables.
This camp runs Monday - Friday from 9am - 3:30pm. For extended hours, before-care (8am-9am) and after-care (3:30pm-6pm) may be purchased at additional cost.
Day 1: Kick Start
Day 2: Explore
Day 3: Engage
Day 4: Project
Day 5: Presentation
Camp Daily Schedule
- 9:00am: Intro + Kickstart Activity
- 9:30am: Explain and Explore
- 10:00am: Engagement Activity
- 12:00pm: Lunch Break
- 12:30pm: Project Time
- 02:00pm: Paired Programming + Presentation
- 03:00pm: Wrap Activity
- 03:30pm: Early Dismissal
Event is in progress
LocationTech Dream Lab, 501 Church Street NE, Suite 305, Vienna VA 22180
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io