Coding With Minecraft
AugustAug 12 2019 - AugustAug 16 2019
This camp targets students ages 8-11, and can also engage more advanced students of ages 5-7. It is designed to accommodate participants without any Minecraft or coding experience.
By the end of this camp, students will be able to:
- Describe what coding is.
- Event handlers
- Coordinates, absolute world positions, and relative player positions
- Create multiple lines of code with an intended outcome.
- Merge multiple types of coding features to create one outcome and complete large, varied tasks.
- Understand how code can be used to create large-scale actions that would manually take longer.
- Merge mathematics with code to create calculated in-game actions.
- Recognize more than one way to achieve the same result through code.
- Focus on the design aspect and merging this with code for a unique outcome, showing that code is commanded by design first.
- Use code to design a moving system with animation to a practical, subject-based topic.
This camp runs Monday - Friday from 9am - 3:30pm. For extended hours, before-care (8am-9am) and after-care (3:30pm-6pm) may be purchased at additional cost.
Day 1: Kick Start
Day 2: Explore
Day 3: Engage
Day 4: Project
Day 5: Presentation
Camp Daily Schedule
- 9:00am: Intro + Kickstart Activity
- 9:30am: Explain and Explore
- 10:00am: Engagement Activity
- 12:00pm: Lunch Break
- 12:30pm: Project Time
- 02:00pm: Paired Programming + Presentation
- 03:00pm: Wrap Activity
- 03:30pm: Early Dismissal
Event is in progress
LocationTech Dream Lab, 501 Church Street NE, Suite 305, Vienna VA 22180
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io