Children pick up words fast and we understand this so we ensure our instructors act and speak professionally yet simple enough for kids to begin to familiarize the terms in technology very early
Visual Programming with Scratch
The course introduces students to core computer science concepts. Using Scratch, block-based programming, and a curriculum built by computer science experts and experienced teachers, this course is your child’s basic introduction to computer programming. Students create computer science projects around different themes such as Sports, Art, Fashion, Music, Storytelling, and Game Design. The course is designed to make it easily adaptable to young learners with learning materials that are clear, detailed, user-friendly, and visually appealing.
Students learn the following STEAM lessons
- Scratch Basics & Algorithms: Students learn the fundamentals of problem solving and programming.
- Positions & Coordinates: Students learn about spatial distribution and the coordinate system and use code to position objects in space.
- User Interaction: Students learn to add interactivity to a program and how to include input from a user in their code.
- Parallelism: Students learn to compile and run multiple scripts at the same time.
- Music & Sound: Students use the code to play musical notes, create a music video, and build an interactive music display while learning how programming is used to create music.
- Arts: Students create animations, interactive artwork, photograph filters, and other exciting, artistic projects.
- Digital Storytelling: Students use computer science to tell fun and interactive stories.
Rich Computer Language Activities for vocabulary
This is an online-only class and holds on Wednesdays from 5 pm – 6:15 pm.
Students are required to provide their computer with internet access and enough bandwidth to support live video streaming. Lesson materials will be delivered electronically while hardware kits ( for engineering courses) will be shipped to the student’s mailing address before the session begins. You will receive further instructions on how to join the sessions after registration.
If you have any questions, please call us on 5717485577.
Students learn to read code in the form of visual language and this helps to improve their reading skills overall.
Every activity is designed to empower students with the confidence to not only write code but general English writing and also pitching their ideas to others.