Children pick up words fast and we understand this so we ensure our instructors act and speak professionally yet simple enough for kids to begin to familiarize the terms in technology very early
Visual Programming with Scratch
The course introduces students to core computer science concepts. Using Scratch, block-based programming, and a curriculum built by computer science experts and experienced teachers, this course is your child’s basic introduction to computer programming. Students create computer science projects around different themes such as Sports, Art, Fashion, Music, Storytelling, and Game Design. The course is designed to make it easily adaptable to young learners with learning materials that are clear, detailed, user-friendly, and visually appealing.
This class holds on THURSDAYS from 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm.
Students learn the following STEAM lessons
- Storytelling: Students use computer science to tell fun and interactive stories. Storytelling emphasizes creativity by encouraging students to tell a unique story each day.
- Music & Sound: Students use the computer to play musical notes, create a music video, and build an interactive music display while learning how programming is used to create music.
- Arts: Students create animations, interactive artwork, photograph filters, and other exciting, artistic projects.
- Fashion & Design: Students learn how computer science and technology are used in the fashion industry while building fashion-themed programs, like a fashion walk, a stylist tool, and a pattern maker.
- Sports:Students use computer science to simulate extreme sports, make their own fitness gadget commercial, and create commentary for a big sporting event.
- Game Design: Students learn basic video game coding concepts by making different types of games, including racing, platform, launching, and more!
Rich Computer Language Activities for vocabulary
Classes are held on Saturdays and run for 1 hour 15 mins plus an additional 1 Hour of Code during the weekday, making a total of 2 hours 15 mins workload per week. Students are free to come in on any of the days assigned to make up their hour of code. Please see timetable for schedule of regular classes and hour of code.
Students learn to read code in the form of visual language and this helps to improve their reading skills overall.
Every activity is designed to empower students with the confidence to not only write code but general English writing and also pitching their ideas to others.